{stories and snapshots from my new york city life.}

7.22.2010

Party Pics: Takeaway Treats

Remember going to birthday parties as a kid and coming home with a treat bag filled with bubbles, trading cards and candy necklaces? Man...those were the days, and sometimes I miss them.  Why should kids have all the fun? 

I only had two children at my birthday party, but had sweet party favors at the door for every attendee. Grown-ups work hard all week--we deserve treats too! I went with pretzel rods dipped in white chocolate then covered in sprinkles and cookie crumbs. And if I may say so myself, they were deliciously adorable!




Melt a bag of white chocolate chips with a teaspoon of shortening in a double boiler over low heat.



After melted, I separated the melted chocolate into two bowls, then added a few drops of food coloring to each bowl. 



After dipping the pretzel rods, scatter sprinkles or cookie crumbs onto the chocolate before it has a chance to cool. Line them up on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.



Make sure to refrigerate the pretzels after coating to ensure they cool and harden properly.






What's the best party favor you've ever gotten?

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more - all parties should have party favors. And these look delicious!

    xoxo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh those look delish! I remember for my 18th birthday I made little party bags filled with candies and little trinkets for my friends.. it was then I learnt it's a mega exxy thing to do! lol.

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok now I'm really hungry- I think its a popcorn and chocolate pretzels night for me!

    ReplyDelete