{stories and snapshots from my new york city life.}

8.30.2010

Sneak Preview: Baby-on-the-Way Brunch

Yesterday, I hosted an intimate brunch for a dear friend who is expecting her first baby in a few weeks.  I just love the way her parents spelled her name. It makes her sound all French and fancy, and I really dig on that. In fact, I tried to get kids to call me 'Genevive' in lieu of Jennifer for a few weeks in the 6th grade. It never caught on. They just called me 'Pretentious' instead. Which, if you pronounce it just right, also sounds kinda French-like. Ha! 


But I digress! We gathered yesterday to celebrate Aimee.



We sat with our hands folded in our laps at this nice table with pretty flowers.


And ate dainty lady food like scones with lemon curd and fig and blue cheese pizzas.



And then those perfectly lovely ladies defiled my shower game with simply profane nouns and utterly filthy verbs. Bah, who am I kidding? I totally designed it so they would...



They were so naughty I sent them home without supper. Just a teeny portion of homemade lemon bread and two bags of tea. 


Details to follow. I'd post more, but I'm still busy washing dishes...


2 comments:

  1. This looks so lovely. I would be touched to have a shower like this. What a precious favor too! Gosh, I'm saving this for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, thank you for your sweet comment. This baby shower is so great! I seemed to get stumped when it comes to baby showers. The food looks AMAZING! I'm sitting here drooling now. I love the french toast skewers...so creative. Us girls love finger foods, so cute and girly! So glad to find you and I look forward to more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete