What's your opinion on oatmeal? I regard it very highly. By now I'm sure you don't need me to extol its virtues--your doctor and your mama have probably been trying to sell you on oats since childhood. Everyone knows it's great for lowering cholesterol, has tons of fiber and reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes. But the more I eat it--which is every morning lately--the more I realize how incredibly delicious and totally versatile it is.
Lately, I've been topping mine with a tablespoon of peanut or almond butter, a touch of brown sugar and a sprinkle of both sunflower and chia seeds. It is crazy delicious and tides me over till lunch far better than any sad little cold cereal ever did. But it's getting a bit monotonous, so I thought I'd brainstorm a few other delicious combos like...
* mashed bananas * brown sugar * crushed pecans
* blueberries * slivered almonds
* pumpkin * maple syrup * cinnamon
* vanilla soy milk * cinnamon * dried cherries
*granola * shredded coconut * dried cranberries
* dollop of yogurt * sliced strawberries * slivered almonds
* cocoa powder * peanut butter chips
* chai tea * cardamom
*chocolate chips * peanut butter * crushed pecans
* sliced apples * walnuts * pumpkin pie spice
* raspberries * blueberries * almonds
* dried apricots * honey * vanilla soy milk
* maple syrup * bananas
Think I like oatmeal? You ain't seen nothing yet. Check out this awesome"tribute to oatmeal". I just looked it over, and I can't wait for morning!