{stories and snapshots from my new york city life.}

10.14.2011

Introducing the Blogger Party Potluck!

There are few things that bring me as much joy as planning a dinner party. I pour through cookbooks, tagging breads and soups and custards with tiny post-it notes, just waiting for the right occasion to whip them up and serve them to friends. Admittedly, I plan a lot more dinner parties than I actually throw.

I'm introducing a new feature here called The Blogger Party Potluck, where I'll be linking up to other blogs to create the ultimate party menu. Each party will have a specific theme, and I'll post a new one every Friday. I won't be posting super-duper-fancy-pants recipes with tons of ingredients because when you're cooking for a group, it's best to keep things simple. That way, if you're actually planning a party (and plan to execute it:) you'll have a go-to party menu at your fingertips. Let's party!

Post-Apple-Picking Party



Main Course




DESSERTS



11 comments:

  1. Delicious! Scallops over spinach is one of my favorite dishes. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the bruschetta kind of reminds me of my other favorite appetizer, toasted baguette slices topped with melting gorgonzola and drizzled honey on top. Pure heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and a lovely collection of delicious foods!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun idea! All of these dishes look so fantastic. I too get so much joy from planning fake parties :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Note to self: Must not read Jenns blog til after I've eaten something!

    I am officially starvin now!

    Those scallops look so delectable! Yum!

    Have a fab weekend cupcake!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this new feature!! What a great idea. That bruschetta looks reeeeeally good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Victoria just tweeted me your link and this meal has my mouth watering. I really love this idea and a great way to come up with dinner party menus. Can't wait to read more! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a great idea! and I want to eat everything on the menu!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your potluck party idea rocks-

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much apple deliciousness! I particularly like the look of the salad with the curried pecans, and the pop tarts at the end - yum.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Drooooooooooool. And you gave me a great blog idea, I'm totally doing a "faux" dinner party on the blog at some point. will link up to you - Yea!!

    ReplyDelete