I've been experiencing blogger's block, and haven't really had a lot of great material lately. I thought I'd catch you up in what's been happening over the last week with a little news update.
1. Like everyone else, I ate a lot on Thanksgiving. We went to Vin's aunt's house where the usual gang of 22 was there feasting on a full turkey dinner. Want to know what they traditionally serve as an appetizer in Vin's family? Lasagna. God bless those people.
2. The next day, I made my family's traditional day-after-Thanksgiving meal which usually requires leftover turkey (which I didn't have), so I subbed in a whole chicken instead. Basically you mix the shredded turkey or chicken with a can of red enchilada sauce, two cans of Rotel tomatoes, one large sauteed onion and an entire block of cheddar all melted into one big saucy stew. Then you fry up a bunch of tortilla strips and dip them in the mix. It's my Grandma's recipe and she calls it Portuguese Tortillas. I have no idea why since neither the recipe nor my family is remotely Portuguese, but I also don't care. It is HEAVEN.
3. I got my hair done. I have long bangs in front, more layers and a warmer honey hue. I looked in the mirror when my stylist was done and said, "The transformation is complete. I am Carrie Underwood."
4. I saw the Muppets movie, which made me happy. I also finally got around to watching Sex and the City II, which made me quite sad. It was beyond terrible, and ranks right up there with Howard the Duck in terms of sheer awfulness. Did you see it? Anyone else absolutely horrified by Samantha in this movie?
5. I've been gearing up to head down to Houston this weekend to visit family! Can't wait to see those knuckleheads. PS: If you live in a different state than your family or other people you like to spend holidays with, I HIGHLY recommend bowing out of the traditional Thanksgiving day and flying to visit them the week after the holiday. I saved over $200 on this flight!
And now you're all caught up. What have you been up to lately?? We're friends--talk to me.