{stories and snapshots from my new york city life.}

8.11.2010

Delicious Duo: Spinach & Chickpeas

Some foods are best known for traveling alongside a partner. For example, when I say peanut butter, what's the first thing that comes to your mind? It's dandelion greens, right? Of course not. It's jelly. Pb & J are natural mates, perfect partners, homies for life. They are the Burt and Ernie of the sandwich world. 

The more I fiddle around in the kitchen, the more delicious partnerships I stumble on. One of my favorite combos marries two super-healthy ingredients that invariably end up in my cart every single week--fresh spinach and chickpeas. Here are three quick, filling dishes featuring my favorite new couple.



{Quinoa with sauteed spinach, bacon, shallots, garlic, chickpeas and Manchego}


{Couscous with butternut squash, spinach and chickpeas, sauteed with fresh garlic and olive oil.}



Take that, peanut butter & jelly!

5 comments:

  1. Love the blog. I am going to make at least one of these this week thanks. Elle loves fresh spinach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to try that last one. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love chick peas!!! i'll be making one of those recipes soon!
    Catita
    http://catindreamland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy- they all sound good. Esp the one w/ butternut squash :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow that looks amazing! my stomach is growling

    stop by sometime <3
    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete