Sure, guilty pleasures add gerth to your hips and rob you of time spent doing productive activities like attending jazzercise class or volunteering at a retirement home, but they also ignite bliss and nourish your senses, your spirit, your soul. See? Not all bad. So I say do 'em, whenever you want to do 'em, cause life's too short to feel guilty about doing things that make you feel alive.
Here's my list of indulgences:
19) A big bag of crunchy, salty chips. Bonus points for ridges and a garlicky and/or cheesy powder you have to lick off your fingers afterward.
18) Shows about major life problems like Intervention, Obsessed, and My Strange Addiction. Partly because of my job, and partly because I just can't look away...
16) Bailey's Irish Cream. I'm not a drinker, but put a big, black bottle of that creamy Irish nectar in my path and I'll be drunk and fat in 10 minutes, tops.
15) Katy Perry. I love her. Don't argue with me; Teenage Dream is fantastic.
14) Chocolate ice cream with Butterfinger candy bar smashed in. The candy gets lodged deep in my molars, but it's so worth it. In fact, maybe that's what I like so much about it. The taste lingers for hours.
13) Speaking of chocolate...I can't forget about Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The trippy Gene Wilder version, not the crap remake with Johnny Depp and his terrible haircut. I don't care how many times I've seen it, it's never enough.
12) Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbuck's. Almost, my pretties...almost!
10) Oh yeah. I freakin' love Glee too. Especially Brittany. And Sex and the City reruns even though I've seen every episode more than twice.
9) My $150 Chi Nano hairdryer. Thankfully I got it for free back when I was a beauty editor, but I totally would have forked over the cash for this brilliance. Eff off frizz.
7) The Real World. I can't believe I'm as old as I am and still watching that show, but I do. I have (sadly) watched every season since it began 3,000 years ago in New York. What's worse is I dragged my poor unassuming boyfriend into it.
5) Checking stupid Facebook every five minutes. I know I'm not alone here.
4) Cheese. Any kind. Anywhere. All the time. But if you are Manchego, goat or a really good sharp cheddar you are definitely top tier.
3) Occasionally swiping on red lipstick before cleaning the house. Makes chores so much more glamorous. One time I paired a ballgown bridesmaid dress with elbow-length dishwashing gloves and went to town! Don't worry; it was after the wedding.
1) Couch, TV, blanket, boyfriend. Cause sometimes my favorite thing to do is nothing at all.
All right; I showed you mine. It's only fair that you show me yours. What are your guilty pleasures? And don't you dare tell me "freshly picked berries" or "flax seed oil" or I'm never talking to you again.