Our brunch group is here to offer some step-by-step instructions on creating a similar experience today...
1) Head to a bakery and pick up some deliciously buttery croissants. Don't forget to brew up a big pot of strong coffee...
2) Whip up some tasty quiches. Our group recommends tomato-basil or a hearty artichoke pie. These were baked (with love!) by our host's husband Dennis.
3) It's St. Patrick's Day this week, so we think some tasty Irish soda bread is in high order.
4) Throw in just a few veggies and fruits to balance out the starch. I brought this spinach salad with apples, goat cheese, spiced pecans and maple-cider vinegar dressing. I got the recipe from Kendall's blog and owe her a world of thanks for the recommendation.
5) Convince one of your friends to make her famous artichoke dip. You can always hit the gym later.
6) Sop up the goodness with a loaf of crusty bread. No one wants to see you licking artichoke dip off your index finger.
7) Make sure and invite a friend who actually owns a pizzelle iron. They are dainty and delicious.
8) Break out the bubbly! It's time to celebrate life, love, family, friends and weekends!
Follow these instructions to a tee, and you won't even miss that lost hour of sleep today.
Do you have brunch plans today?